Haze tips for Tourist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
People say, weather is an act of god but as a licensed tour guide I feel sorry for tourist traveling to my country Malaysia Kuala Lumpur. Especially those with raspatory problems. We pray for the burning of forest to stop and haze to disappear in Almighty GOD name. I leave to the authority to do the right things and they are doing by the mercy and grace of GOD.
For those pre planned tours, outdoor with this Haze air pollution going to be very tough, It was raining yesterday (16 September 2019) an important day for us Malaysian, it was The Day Malaysia was given birth in 1963, Coming back, but the Haze is still there and the atmosphere is a bit dull.
No matter where we go in the world’s major cities, we won’t be able to completely escape air pollution because emissions. We have an uninvited guest, the haze from the rain forest burning.
This can be some of the symptoms the tourist In Kuala Lumpur Malaysia should recognize due to Haze ie itchy or dry eyes, nose and throat, coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, nausea, chest pain, respiratory issues
3 Things Affect How a Tourist may Reacts to haze in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A tourist current health – allergies, heart and lung diseases, bronchitis, asthma are all health concerns that could affect tourist body reacts to Haze.
- A tourist travel destination in Malaysia – if you are headed to an Urban area quality may not be good. Check the quality of index via link https://aqicn.org/map/kuala-lumpur/
- A traveler’s age – elderly people will react more to Haze. An aged person may already have some medical condition.
7 Tips for Tourist in Kuala Lumupur Malaysia now on Haze
- Checking the Malaysian news and source links: https://aqicn.org/map/kuala-lumpur/
- NST on 14 September 19 recommended by Datuk Dr. Amar Singh N95 mask able to filler about 95% particles provide it is worn properly.
- If you’re traveling with young children or infant, minimize their exposure they inhale more often and therefore absorb more pollutants than adults
- If you have asthma, ensure that you have an inhaler as well as backups and minimize your exposure to outdoor air.
- Try to adjust your itinerary and listen to the Malaysian meteorological warnings and advise to stay indoor during high Haze.
- Avoid strenuous or outdoor activity, even if you are in tip top health condition
- If the haze in a particular area is high consider reducing the amount of time you stay there.
Local Tour guide Johnson’s suggestion
If you still don’t want to miss Kuala Lumpur tourist places like independence square best to get from your tour vehicle and let the tour guide know you want to spend time in City Gallery and from there ask the tour vehicle or bus to drive to River of Life bridge and have a quick, photo stop.
Alternatively, go to Islamic Art museum, normally less tourist here but the Islamic Art Museum Malaysia offers great value.
For more ideas you can contact JohnsonMalaysia.com to arrange tours, we do Kuala Lumpur day trip port Klang cruise terminal. Heritage tours.